rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have what appears to be a very old etching or sketching of

Customer Question

I have what appears to be a very old etching or sketching of a group. Men with Top Hats,, all seem to have a drink in hand,,, The back has Lakeside Studio in Lakeside. Michigan Media is Intaglio Stock no is AL 66 - 20 -0
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I also have a Rembrandt Etching
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 13 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the piece,
signatures if any and back of piece for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
For some reason none of the photos turned out I took them on my I pad,,
Expert:  rarewares replied 12 days ago.

I do not participate in the phone service. These instructions should help with pictures.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

If that is too much bother, you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have 2 good photos,,front and back,,both are image.jpg
Expert:  rarewares replied 12 days ago.

This is a lithographic print

that was created by the French artist Hippolyte Lecompte (1781-1857)

and framed and sold by the Lakeside Studio in Michigan. It was created in the 1850 time period and framed much later.

The print has a current value of $75 to $100 retail.
Try ads on these sites; artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house
near you that deals in fine art and consign to them.
To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 8 days ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.