Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

My 12" plate? charger? has "INTERNATIONAL SILVER CO STAMPED

Customer Question

My 12" plate? charger? has "INTERNATIONAL SILVER CO STAMPED ON THE BACK, an under hat 1/8" is stamped 89 331 51 08. Then centered underneath that is stamped a very small square with what looks to be a 74 inside. Is it sterling or plate, and how old, and of course, if you can tell the worth. The front pattern is simple, with 5 fluted sections on the 1 1/2" rim. Thank you!
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 7 days ago.

Would you be able to provide an image? This is silver plated and they tend to sell for up to $40 - $50. I would need to see images to determine the date though.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i can provide an image from my phone. The answer did not come up on my iPhone, so I replied to the text I got. How old is the piece?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What indicates it's plated?
Expert:  Nora replied 7 days ago.

IS, or International Silver Co is a known for producing primarily plated wares. As well, the lack of the workd 'sterling' or '925' is also a primary indicator.

Texting photos is an additional fee, the number you may have contacted is a landline. I can send the premium services offer if you like.

As well, there may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~or~

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora