Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Well, I have some old things I would like to get appraised.

Customer Question

Well, I have some old things I would like to get appraised. Things like old bowls and some kinds of silver bowls and such. Odds and ends of various old smaller things that might be of value. I also have an old Mr Peanut container and Mr Peanut childrens utensils. for starters. Anything worth looking into?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: An old silver setting and utensils. My moms old cooking bowl. You know, small but old things.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups. Thoughtful responses take time.

I think it best for you to have the silver pieces assessed here in this question.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

Please send a picture of each silver piece plus the mark on the bottom of each. Please send these in order or we will get the marks with the wrong pieces. You need only send pictures of those silver pieces you want assessed.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris