Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have 12 place settings of fine arts southern colonial

Customer Question

I have 12 place settings of fine arts southern colonial silverware. I want to find the value. can you help?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I bought it in 1956 I also have 12 place settings of fine arts golden wheat china. what else can I tell you?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It is in perfect condition with a tarnish proof box. Just needs to be polished.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

How many flatware pieces are there in total, just a single number of the total amount in the set. As well, are these marked 'sterling'.

~Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
64 pieces and they are marked sterling.
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Great, thank you for checking. Would you be able to provide a photo of one of the flatware piece as well as a close-up of the marks? ~Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
cancel the phone call
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Sure, no problem.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not know how to do that.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Yes, I am here. It is fine, you do not have to send photos. ~Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are we continuing with our conversation or should I close out?
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

I will have your answer momentarily. Can you please confirm that you are seeing my responses.

~Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will cancel any charges to my account since you are not available.
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your patience. On today's market, your 64 piece sterling silver flatware set by Fine Arts Colonial Silver can sell for $1600 - $2200 at auction.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
why are knives in this pattern selling for about $80 ?
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.

Did you find one with an asking price of $80 or actual sold price of $80. It would be unusual for the knife to be priced that high because only the handle on knives are sterling - the blade is usually stainless steel.

If you have a link to the knife you found being offered for $80 please add it here and I will look into that for you.

~Nora