Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Near 100 yr old copper lined standing humidor. Would like to

Customer Question

Near 100 yr old copper lined standing humidor. Would like to know approximate value.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Has been in our family since my grandfather purchased it.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I had it completely restored 6 years ago by a master carpenter. It's only flaw is slight water stain on it's top.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is Glenda
.
Do you have pictures you can send?
.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Picture attached.

Hello

I am sorry I am unable to do a phone call, I also feel that written values are best, ***** ***** me to do my best work and also allows the customer to print the answer. Not to mention saving you money as phone calls do cost extra.

.

I can give you the current market value for this now if you like.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK, then I can expect a written reply within 24 hours? Assuming you received the two pictures I sent or will receive them soon.
Thank you

Hello

Is the Humidor marked with a makers name on it?