LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a picture that says copyright 1899 with a woman by

Customer Question

I have a picture that says copyright 1899 with a woman by the sea wearing a hat and there is a cross by the water and under woman is Au Revoir
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: there is a signature and date wrote on back April 1901
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Indianapolis Ink
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the Baby picture was found behind the woman by the sea!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
had trouble getting the images sent, sorry.
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for the photos. There are 3 attached here that I can see on my end, however there is not one of the image of the woman by sea entitled Au Revoir. At your convenience, please add a photo of that here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Although you sent 4 images, there are only 3 attached here. Please only respond to this question thread - the other is a duplicate (with no photos attached) and has been closed. I can only respond to you on this thread.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sendibg
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I sent let me know if you got it, we are headed to airport.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did you open 3229
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Hi There,

I have not found a match to this for you.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please allow me to review your photos and post back upon completion. Thank you I look forward to helping you.

This is a photo print done of the lady by the sea saying good bye. The date 1901 on the back dates the print and the value of the lady's print is 85.00 The picture of the child behind the lady's print has a value of 45.00 and could have been the ladys child or the lady in the print as a child it is hard to say but common during this time period.

the following link gives the history of the Indianapolis Ink Company of which the public called it. It was known as the Indianapolis Engraving and Electrotyping Company:

http://www.indianahistory.org/our-collections/collection-guides/indianapolis-engraving-co-photograph-album.pdf

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions