rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have am antique silverware set that appears to be Joan of

Customer Question

Hello Frank, I have am antique silverware set that appears to be Joan of Arc pattern from The International Silver Co. with the original wooden box, at least 46 pieces, marked (Eagle) WM Rogers (Star). Wondering what is the age/origin of this piece and what is it’s value?
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 13 days ago.

Look to see if the mark on the back of any of the pieces says STERLING or has the number 925. If not, then your set would be silver plate (not sterling). International/Rogers made the Joan of Arc pattern (designed circa 1940) in both sterling and silver plate. A 46-piece set in sterling has a value of $1750 and a 46-piece set in silver plate has a value of $125 to $175.00.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 12 days ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.