rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a small set of plates with pictures of British

Customer Question

I have a small set of plates with pictures of British castles...John Maddock & Sons Ltd. Sunset Ware Royal Ivory # 755536. Do you have any information of them?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The set includes one square sandwich plate, one oblong plate, and 5 small individual serving plates. My mother bought this set for her mother around 1925.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: They are in excellent condition, but I assume one of the small plates has been broken or lost.....that's all I know!
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 16 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I cannot add pictures - I gave you a full description of the items.....if you cannot help, I will cancel my PayPal account for you.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have been scammed - I am not going to allow the PayPal charge. You have not helped me at all. I will never use this site, or recommend it to anyone!
Expert:  rarewares replied 15 days ago.

This set of John Maddock and Sons English transferware in the British Castles pattern

is from 1929-1930 based on the registry number of 755536. The values are a s follows;

$20.00USD for one square sandwich plate,

$20.00USD for one oblong plate, and

$15.00USD each for 5 small individual serving plates.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 15 days ago.

I just read your previous messages. It takes a few minutes to research patterns and values when a customer is not able to add photos,

I am sure you understand. I was writing your answer while you were sending those messages. Wishing you and yours a wonderful day.

Expert:  rarewares replied 14 days ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.