Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have a large late 17C Welsh Dresser which we need valued

Customer Question

We have a large late 17C Welsh Dresser which we need valued for sale. We live at Tuross Head on the NSW far south coast. Any idea as to how to get this done.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The item was valued about 30 years ago by Leonard Joel at $30,000 but I suspect that prices for brown furniture have slipped since then. The original description is as follows:
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: A Very high quality late 17C oak dresser, having 3 draws withshaped cock-bearded frieze, 4 turned legs in front, two at back and pot board. Rack with pierced hart shaped decoration in top rail and a very unusual feature of spice drawsin cupboards on either side. The base and rack have outstanding colour and patinaand are original throughout except the swan neck handles which are old but not original. diamentions 7'41/2"wide, 6' 2"high, 1'5"deeep
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 12 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl