Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have 2 dolls that I would like to see if they are worth

Customer Question

I have 2 dolls that I would like to see if they are worth anything. How do I get an idea what they are worth?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 18 days ago.

Hello, my name is Glenda
.
Do you have pictures you can send?
.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Here you go. The porcelain face doll was a gift to my grandmother around 1915. She thought her parents bought it from Sears.The weird one is stuffed with sawdust. Has no signature. I bought it at a garage sale in Denver around 1980. The seller had no history on the dollar. Like me was drawn to it because it is so strange.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Forgot to add the pictures
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 17 days ago.

Hello
Thank you, ***** ***** a strange doll, I believe she was made in Germany early 1900's, there is no information about the maker, others are trying to figure out who made this style doll. What size is that one?

On the smaller size one, what size is she and is she marked at all ? look under hair at neck or on her bottom.