Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have 50 -100 postcards from my Mother's trip to the

I have 50 -100 postcards from my Mother's trip to the Mediterranean and Europe in 1923. The trip was for several months and she bout a postcard almost every day. The cards were never mailed,. Only the date she bought the card is written on the back. Do these cards have an value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I know my Mother and her aunt and uncle took a trip d Nile and stayed in the same hotel as Carter and Carnovan (?) when King Tut's tomb was discovered but I don't know this is relevant to the postcards

Are the postcards 'RPPC', also known as 'real photo postcards'. They will look like photographs and generally in black and white. Are the subjects mostly town landscapes, or are there native people in some?

~Nora

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Most are in color, some are black and white and some are sepia. There are native people in some but many are landscapes...some seem to be photographs of paintings of landscapes or street scenes. The trip started in Spain and circled the Mediterranean. Some of the sepia ones are in the Holy Lands

Thank you for checking. These sell for an average of $3 - $5 each for the most part and some of the real photo postcards can reach $10 -$20 each, especially those with people in them.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Many thanks for your help in valuing the postcards. I have one more question. Whom can I contact or where can I go to sell these postcards?
Mary Jo Carter