Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My husband was given some artifacts after his mother died

Customer Question

My husband was given some artifacts after his mother died and I can't seem to find anyone to let us know if they are worth anything or if we are even allowed to have them. I was told that they are Mayan from the Chitchenitza period. Don't think I spelled that right.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I know they were given to her back in the seventies from a friend that use to fly to Mexico and bring them back. He found out he had cancer and didn't have long to live so he gave them to her.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 15 days ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora