Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

What is the value of a 1837 dragoon sabre with scabbard? The

Customer Question

What is the value of a 1837 Ames dragoon sabre with scabbard?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The sabre was authentacated by a Civil War specialist in Orlando, Florida.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: The 1837 Ames cutlery dragoon cavalry Sabre was authenticated by a Civil War dealer in Orlando, Florida. It has a small dent in the metal scabbard. The sabre handle is missing the wire but retains the leather. There are no dents in the blade and it looks very good.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience, and did the specialist also issue paperwork with the authentication and/or was this a verbal valuation?

~Nora