Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a Wedgwood & Co Ltd 4479 soup tureen or covered

Customer Question

Hi - I have a Wedgwood & Co Ltd 4479 soup tureen or covered serving dish. It's the only item I have in this pattern.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The mark is circa 1906
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: the condition is excellent
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The size is approximately 10.5" by 10". I would like to see more of the pattern with a thought to purchase.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
.
I will be glad to help you today.
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading it. This is important to me getting credit for my work.
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
The Wedgwood & Co Ltd 4479 soup tureen has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $325.00-400.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it.
.
Clicking the stars at the top right of your page, then click the green rate button.
.
Thank you for taking time to rate this.
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question.
.
I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this.
.
I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda