rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have two 1 gallon Ruckel's stoneware shoulder. Do they

Customer Question

I have two 1 gallon Ruckel's stoneware shoulder jugs. Do they have value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I don't know much about them. I acquired them as partial payment for clearing out a cellar outside Lincoln, NE.
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I'm not sure what that would be. One of the blue ink stamps on one jug is slightly faded. That same jug has a little crackle pattern in the glaze and looks older than the other one. Or more used?
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Please don't sell or share my email and phone #. Thank you.
Expert:  rarewares replied 21 days ago.

Your 1 gallon Ruckel's stoneware jugs were made in the late 1800's in Whitehall, Illinois and have a value of $40 each retail.

The company made so much stoneware, they were known to ship out 300 rail cars of it to to other areas of the country. These were

used for storage and sale of liquids by merchants in stores.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!