Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a tall Armoire with a permanent label with name:

Customer Question

I have a tall Armoire with a permanent label with name: "Gullachsens Furniture Manufacturers NewCastle-on-Tyne. I am assuming England. I cannot find the manufacturer or when they existed. This is a very ornate & well crafted middle class piece we were told when we bought at auction. I recognized some of it is made with Tigerwood . Can you help me find out when they existed & what types of furniture they made?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. I'm trying to find the right antiques appraiser for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: Would you like to email me with that information at:***@******.***?
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I am unwrapping the piece, we just moved. I also have another double set of Armoires which I have a manufacturers stamp only on the backside. They are lined with Cedar. We bought them at the same auction. I have photos of the stamp and of course the armoires.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 16 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the pieces that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the items and any marks, labels or writing.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl