rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I wish to get an estimate on a pocket watch, American Watch

Customer Question

I wish to get an estimate on a pocket watch
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: American Watch Co. Engine Turn 18 Caret engraved gold case.Great condition. Set lever. S/N ofCase 74049. Movement S/N 910176. No engrave on crest. Riverside model. 6 size
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Complete service on 6-24-2015. Mainspring replaced.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

This is a circa 1876 Waltham size 8s (not 6s with this serial number) 18k hunter case pocket watch with

a 7-jewel Riverside movement. The value of this watch is $2500 to $3000 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.