Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have 2 Lynn Bogue Hunt pieces which are in their original

Customer Question

I have 2 Lynn Bogue Hunt pieces which are in their original frames. I'm not sure if they are prints or maybe something else. They belonged to my husband's grandmother and my husband is 72 and has known them all his life. They are approximately 10" by 40" tall. One is of a mountain lion. I have been able to find this picture on line, but only as part of an advertisement for Winchester Arms. The second print or picture is of four mallards flying eastward. Same size. I have not found that one.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Don't think so. They are in original frames and it appears they are mounted on boards from the sound of tapping on them. They do have artist's signature on them. In the case of the mountain lion it is in the exact position that I saw it in the auction on line.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 18 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! I wanted to let you know that someone has seen your question. We thank you for your patience.

I will opt-out so that when the other Appraisals specialists go online, they will see your questions.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Nora replied 17 days ago.

I am very familiar with the artist Lynn Bogue Hunt and I have sold and authenticated a number of his works when I was with Illustration House auctions and gallery in NYC. In order for me to determine whether you have original works or prints, and their value, I will need to see images. Please send photos at your convenience. Front, back (do not remove from frame), clear image of the signature and clear, in-focus close-ups of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.

~Nora

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I will do that as soon as I can. I have been staring at them this morning and my non-expert eyes seem to say they are prints unless he delved into watercolors, which I don't think he did. The colors are vibrant though for their age.Thanks for helping me out.Louise
Expert:  Nora replied 17 days ago.

Hi Louise,

I will be happy to determine such when I see images. You can send them at your convenience, there is not a time limit here.

~Nora