Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

We have 2 pieces of old pottery. one looks like an incense

Customer Question

We have 2 pieces of old pottery. one looks like an incense pot or small lantern, the other is like a small decanter of sorts. We would just like to get an idea of what they are worth.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I can send a pic if that helps
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 18 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Did you get them?
Expert:  rarewares replied 18 days ago.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Expert:  Nora replied 17 days ago.

You have a clay Herodian oil light lantern and a jar for oil holding. These likely came from the Holy Land area of the Middle East (Jerusalem). New reproductions sell for an average of $25 - $45 for the set on today's market whereas original ancient lamps can sell fro an average of $200. Determining age without provenance is challenging and would require in person inspection.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 15 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Still not sure how to get my answers. I am just south of St Augustine in Fla. These pieces came from my husbands grandmother, he is 81. They are supposedly from Turkey.
Expert:  Nora replied 15 days ago.

Here is your answer:

~Nora