Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I have a painting that I would like you to appraise. 32 X 20

Customer Question

I have a painting that I would like you to appraise.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: 32 X 20 inch canvas (oil I think), 40 X 28 with frame, signed and dated
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: Yes the signature is Jasper F Cropsey
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help. Can you upload a photo of this painting for me?

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".

2. Double click the image you want to upload.

3. Click "Start Upload".

4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to *****@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have sent this already and I don't understand why the message keeps coming back.

Not sure if you requested a phone call, but I usually don't do them. There is an additional fee for a phone call, and I can answer your question right here at no additional fee. Also, I can't do the research and talk with you at the same time. Do you still want a phone call?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want a phone call, if the is an additional charge; however I just keep getting a message that indicates my original inquiry has been sent to an expert appraiser. I thought Judith was this expert. I don't understand your process.

I'm still here - this is Judith.

Jasper Francis Cropsey (1823 - 1900) was a well-known member of the Hudson River School of artists. He was active and lived in New York. Jasper Cropsey is known for Autumnal landscapes, allegorical paintings and botanics.

Your painting is one of his landscapes. If it is a genuine Cropsey oil on canvas, it is valuable. His similar paintings are currently selling at auction in the range of $85,000.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!