Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an oil painting by Pierre Forett of a Paris street

Customer Question

Hi!
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have an oil painting by Pierre Forett of a Paris street scene. What do you charge to give me an estimate of value. My friend asked me to sell it on eBay.
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the antiques appraiser. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Ok. However, what is the charge after the $5.00 deposit?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the antiques appraiser. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: This does not answer my question. Are we talking an additional $25? or $50? or $100? or $1000????
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Is there some reason you aren't willing to quote an estimate of the cost of appraisal or opinion of value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.