Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a ivory necklace my uncle sent me during WW11. Can I

Customer Question

I have a ivory necklace my uncle sent me during WW11. Can I sell it?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. There are new ivory laws that took effect this year. I have a few questions before I proceed. Do you know where he bought this necklace? The ban on selling ivory is in particular African Elephant Ivory items. I will go deeper into this once I know if you have any knowledge as to where he bought the piece or where he was stationed when he sent it to you. If you have a photo of the necklace you could post I can give you a value to it also but I understand you are wanting to learn more on the "If you can sell it" So that is not a problem. If you do not know where he bought it if you can describe the design of the necklace that may help me in the region it came from. Thank you I look forward to helping you.