Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in decorative arts especially ceramics, silver, paintings, and furniture.
63759197

S., how are you. I sent over a couple of real smalls last

Customer Question

Hello Robert S., how are you. I sent over a couple of real smalls last Friday late afternoon and haven't heard back from you. Hope all is ok. Or are you on vacation.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 5 months ago.

Good morning Cindy.

Great to hear from you!

Last Friday!? Oh dear! Not surprised you are wondering what happened! Actually nothing seems to have happened, or appeared this end, so I don't know what's up, but not your fault. Sometimes responses simply disappear mysteriously and go live with all the odd socks in hyperspace.

Can you very kindly re-attach here whatever it was and we'll go from there.

Many thanks,
Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Robert! Nice to hear your voice. Lol I can and will after 12:30. I'm dealing with a vent hood that is the wrong size. I bought a stove and the guy said the vent hood has to be 30 in., it couldn't be any wider for the hood than the stove he said! It's 12" short. 6 on each side. Gotta take it back and the order a 42" and go without it through thanksgiving. Haha I don't think so.

No rush this end, get that wide hood up, it's more important.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ya like? The hood is a two week wait, so for the holiday no vent hood. What ya gonna do.

That's BEAUTIFULLY done. I like the burgundy mat color, it so suits the flicker plumage and the frame is just a perfect continuation of the wood stump. Excellent job! You must be really pleased.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I love it. I also feel the frame worked in my decor. It not only has a piece of wood feel, kinda like the feel and of the thought of a sliver from the wood, its rough in feel yet has a smoothness over the wood. It's other attraction to me was the age of the color of the paper this gives the woodpeckers a thick dark yet perfect color. The matting I took the color of the feathers of the males. The lady wanted to use the dark brown of the tree. She even suggested I repaint the room I was putting it in. (I just did that) I think the matting sets the wood frame off. It looks unpainted (soft grey) it looks like the grey is the color of the lack of paint on the shelf thumper made for me out of old barn wood. Hence I think it works. Yay I put the UV glass on it and it's big so I have 2 places this can be hung. Thumper went deer hunting and when he gets back he will hang it for me. The other he brought me a grocery (plastic) bag of venison. Loin steaks and stir fry burger and phillie cheese steak strips all cry o vac and frozen so he must go get another deer. I'm sure he wants to continue to share the meat.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Robert I'm sure That would still be under my bed had I not met you. Your excitement encouraged me to frame it and hang it on a wall. Richard loves it also. So do u think 453.00 was a good price or high? Knowing this will help me in the future. So don't worry, I won't ever be that bump in the night. Lol

I think $453 is what you have to spend these days to get that kind of double matting in that size, known as "double elephant folio" and conservation glass is not cheap. I bet that was over $100 on its own.

So good value, yes! You have a unique treasure, so much better than lurking under the bed not being enjoyed.

Audubon would be so delighted that his works are being given such honor and appreciation, a century and half later.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did good! Time to get into the crock jugs.