LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

My husband bought what he through to be jade Chinese from

Customer Question

My husband bought what he through to be jade Chinese from the Ming dynasty. Need to know what the worth really is?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Nothing other than I could send pics?
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No just need to sell them as we are down sizing in our home and want to see if they are what he was told them to be
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 17 days ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok I have many. One at a time?
Expert:  Nora replied 17 days ago.

Yes, please. Just one at a time.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Did you get the photos
Expert:  Nora replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for the images, please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 13 days ago.

I would have to inspect these in person to determine if these are indeed Ming Dynasty and what time frame during that dynasty which lasted from mid 1300's to mid 1600's.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 13 days ago.

Hello, my name is Tanya I am a certified appraiser and would be happy t help you. Thank you for the photos. The horse appears to be Ming dynasty by the softness of the jade and the carving this was done in the 1500s. The color of the jade and the carving etc is Ming Dynasty. The value of the horse is 450.00-500.00. The monkey- he sits atop a Chinese silver ingot to bring wealth into the home and the rui septor he holds around his neck means "all wishes granted. This jade looks to have been dyed and not as old as was represented. The carving is to detailed and symbolism represented here on the monkey I would say is from the 1930-1950s period. I am certified to authenticate jades and the two pieces are not from the same period. The horse I can tell by the photos is soft and gentle in the hand and has carvings to him that are representative to the Ming time period. If you hold and feel the monkey it looks to have a roughness to the carving you can actually feel the lines and the coloring of the lines and facial features you would not have in Ming pieces. The monkey has a value of 125.00 Both are nice pieces however the horse is the better of the too.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 7 days ago.

Hi I wanted to check and see if I may be of further help to you on these jade pieces? If you have further questions please let me know and if you have the information you needed please rate the answer so I may be paid for my work on the question. It does not cost you anything further strictly only how I get paid from the company. Thank you

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have more I would like send pics of? Can I send you those?
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 5 days ago.

yes you may we usually start a new post for more items however I will answer another one here also not a problem. Thank you for asking.

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 3 days ago.

Hello, I wanted to see if you were going to send photos or begin a new post? If we are done on this thread please rate the answer so I may be paid for my work.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
sent them did you get them?

Hello, no I have not gotten photos as of yet. I will watch for them and ask the company by email now. The email is ***@******.*** and in the email "forCustomerquot; I will let you know as soon as I get any photos.