LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have an old Christmas elf that my father used to use in

Customer Question

I have an old Christmas elf that my father used to use in his window displays back in the 50s and 60s.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Chausse can't tell if it's a plastic material it's a different material is closing is all felt with they felt beard and glasses sky blue eyes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: I could send a picture?
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 23 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Taking time to download
Expert:  rarewares replied 23 days ago.

Do you see any labels or tags on the clothing or any imprinted marks under the clothing on the plastic?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Only thing I see is 363
Expert:  rarewares replied 23 days ago.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 23 days ago.

Hello my name is Tanya I am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. This is a beautiful well cared for elf over time most have not been in such great condition. I will need his measurement how long he is. These were used in many Christmas displayed windows all over but mainly in major cities. I look forward to helping you. Thank you

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
About 21 iinches

Thank you for the measurements. Without a marking or name on his clothes or body I can not say with certainty who made him. However from his eyes and face he looks to have been made in Germany. There was a whole set of elves and reindeer and a Mr Mrs Claus for the entire display. Stores bought these for Christmas displays and families would by one or more pieces to decorate around the house. They were produced in the 1940s and today he has a value of $85.00 He has original clothes and looks to be in excellent condition. He has been stored very well. Nice piece and family tradition. Thank you and if I may be of further help please let me know.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 19 days ago.

Hello I wanted to check and see if you had any other questions on this elf? Please let me know I am happy to help you.