Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

Here are some more dolls. The big orange one is approx 15

Customer Question

Here are some more dolls. The big orange one is approx 15 inches tall. I don't know if you can tell in the photo, but her finish is flaking off. The 4 pictured together are approx 6 inches tall, and 3.5 inches tall.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome back.

Are you asking about 5 dolls - 2 pairs and a single?

Kind regards,

Doris

It's hard to tell from the pictures what these dolls are made of?

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The 2 pairs are in 1 photo, and the single is pictured alone. I was suspended from the site for what they deemed "over use". They told me to group "like items" together, said it made for "better use of the experts time." Sorry.

Actually we are only paid a rather small portion of what you pay but I understand you.

What are these dolls made of?

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK, I'll go see if they have any marks, and clink them into my teeth. I'm not crazy, just thought that might make you chuckle. But plastic does feel different than glass/ceramic/porcelain...

Thank you but this is important. ;D

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Plastic. They are all plastic. The little ones seem to be covered in a thin velvet like material on their skin.

So all except the little ones are totally plastic? All means body, limbs and head? The little ones have a cloth body and limbs but a plastic head?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the big orange one is solid plastic under her clothes, the two bigger of the pair are solid plastic even under their clothes. The tiny small dolls seem to be more spongy feeling, but like a hard sponge, not stuffed cloth.

Thank you.

i will work on this. Since there are three (sets) dolls to research, my research time might be longer than before to give you the best answers.

Kind regards,

Doris

The Mexican/Hispanic dolls date 1950s-60s. Their faces appear to be hand painted. The pair would have an estimated retail value of $120 assuming good condition and depending on sale geographic location.

The small pair of dolls date 1920s=1930s. They are probably partly celluloid. The pair would have an estimated retail value of $110 value as is.

The other doll appears to be a vintage -last half of 20thC - Luvcille Ball Mattel doll. Lucille Ball is best known for her 50s-60s leading role in the highly successful TV comedy series "I Love Lucy." This doll would have an estimated retail value of $90 as is.

Again,

Please consider giving me a POSITIVE RATING. It is the only way I AM CREDITED BY JUST ANSWER for my knowledge, time and work.
You should see five stars. This is where you rate me.

Kind regards,

Doris

I forgot to click the rating box. I now have. Please give me 5 stars.

Thank you.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Kind regards,
Doris