Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I just received a wedding photo as part of an inhertance. It

Customer Question

I just received a wedding photo as part of an inhertance. It is signed underneath the photo by Edward S. Curtis of Curtis Studios, Los Angeles. I'm trying to authenticate the signature. Thank you.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It was taken in 1945 at Curtis Studios. I can send a picture of the signature if needed.I understand he was not doing Indian type pictures by that time and worked occasionally at Curtis Studios.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: The wedding portrait appears to be in sepia as opposed to black and white.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.

Can you send a photo of the signature?

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "add files" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris