Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I found two, I want to call them carved painting created in

Customer Question

Hi ***, I found two, I want to call them carved painting created in Japan. I am wondering how I can determine their worth and the age of the art? JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you. Customer: I have pictures.... I really don't know anything at all.... JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of? Customer: no

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
see attached
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for the images. How wide are they and can you please add a photo of the backside of these, even if they are not marked.

~Nora

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They are 7in wide and 1/4 in deep.
Picture attached of back markings.
Kathy
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for the additional images and for your patience, I have had some technical issues here on my end.

You have a pair of vintage 1950's turned wood plates with hand painted surfaces. The paint was applied much in the manner of how moriage, or raised enamel, is used on porcelain and ceramic wares. These are "Mt Fuji" scenes. On today's market, these sell for $10 - $30 each at retail.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora