Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Have Chinese wooden box hand carved with chickens very

Customer Question

Have Chinese wooden box hand carved with chickens very detailed. Has lock on front with two holes for a latch. Can you help me
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: If someone could give me information on these boxes and what I should do with it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: The box is covered with hand carved chickens and flowers had four short legs and no boarder two hinges in the back. My mom gave it to me around 1990 I have no way of knowing how long she had it. Thanks Denise
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 19 days ago.

Hi Denise,

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your wooden box.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of it and any marks it might have.

Also, how big is it?

Many thanks,

Robert.

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

You need to be logged in to the JustAnswer site to do this. You can’t do it from email.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes.

Thanks R.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
waiting for phots to load onto my email. The size is twelve inch long eight h eight w six deep
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
ok this is not working I have a teenager coming in the house at two thirty will get her to help me.
Thanks Denise
Expert:  Robert S. replied 19 days ago.

Not a problem, I do sympathize. There's no rush, your question stays open as long as you wish and I'll be here whenever you're ready.

Expert:  Robert S. replied 7 days ago.

Just checking in to see if there's any progress with the photos.

If it's any easier for you, by all means email them to me.

The only address that gets to me is:

*****@******.***

Mark the email for my attention, Robert S. in the Antiques category otherwise they won't know who to send it to. I work "on" rather than "for" JustAnswer as an independent agent so all emails have to go through a third party to protect everyone's privacy. It may take up to 24 hours, but I'll let you know as soon as I see it this end.

Many thanks,
Robert