Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

How can I get an appraisal on a piece of old furniture? My

Customer Question

How can I get an appraisal on a piece of old furniture?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: My father who was born in 1904 told me that his grandfather made furniture. I have many pieces including rocking chairs that he "supposedly made. I have no way of proving any of this.
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: a few of the chairs had cane backs, and were destroyed. My father took caning lessons in the 60's to learn how to recane them.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 18 days ago.

How many pieces of furniture do you have that is attributed to being made by your family member?

~Nora