Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an antique item.I believe it is a Cheswind Indian

Customer Question

I have an antique item.I believe it is a Cheswind Indian room devider. I believe it was made in nineteenth century.It is all hand carved with maple leaves all over it.Hand drilled and scrolled or some method of cutting out thee patterns. The leaves are scooped out, not flat,with veins etched into the leaves.I think it may have been made in India,by a highly skilled person,and also it has different colored woods in it and they may be Indian hardwoods,if it was made there.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the antiques appraiser, though. Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I was wondering if it is possible to connect it to 1867.It was not made for a commoner,and it is quite astounding that I found it in a garage,and there is not a single piece missing. It is 4 panel and carved on both sides and six feet tall
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 22 days ago.

Hello, my name is Glenda
.
Do you have pictures you can send?
.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda