Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I've lost my house in a fire, I had my grandmothers wicker

Customer Question

Hello, so I've lost my house in a fire, I had my grandmothers wicker daybed, and I need an appraisal
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Late 1800's, bar harbour
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No metal in it, all wicker, Twin mattress fits in it
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 19 days ago.

I am very sorry for your loss.

When you state Bar Harbour, was that a maker name or label on the wicker daybed?

~Nora

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Maker name
Expert:  Nora replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for confirming the maker name. Your antique wicker daybed by Bar Harbour retails for $500 - $600 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Can you email me the appraisal, we need to get to the house. They're gutting it out today.
Expert:  Nora replied 19 days ago.

~Nora

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Nora replied 19 days ago.

You are welcome and my pleasure to be of help to you here, though I am very sorry that it is under these circumstances.

In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

~Nora