Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a portrait painting of henche by ahrens do you think

Customer Question

I have a portrait painting of Henry henche by Martin ahrens do you think there is any value to it
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: That's really all I know it's signed by Martin ahrens I'm not sure of the size because I don't have it with me I acquired it about30 years ago. I also have a few more painting by Martin ahrens
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It seems to be in the original frame and the portrait of Henry henche
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 months ago.

Martin Ahrens is not a strongly listed artist, and likely his work would carry auction estimates of $300 - $500. There could be a bump in value as Hensche is highly respected and was the mentor and teacher to many realist and figurative artists (including a major artist for whom I was an assistant). Essentially, from a marketing and sales standpoint, the value is moreso in the subject of the painting than the author of the painting.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora