Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I would like to know the value of my grand fathers violin.

Customer Question

i would like to know the value of my grand fathers violin.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: he played it at parties between 1872 and 1916. It has mother of pearl around the face and back of the violin, also the on tail piece and the neck, the tunning pegs and the bow. it come with a wooden box made specifically for the violiin
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: it has an unusual wood construction, that is you can see the grain ofthe wood on the back
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 19 days ago.

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora