Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have 2 dinners sets, 1 is a Royal Doulton Somerset D 6029

Customer Question

I have 2 dinners sets, 1 is a Royal Doulton Somerset D 6029 and a Grindley Cream petal and I am thinking of selling them, just trying to find out what they are worth?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I really don't know much about them, they were passed onto me by my mother. I am fairly sure they belonged to her mother. What info do you need?
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The Grindley set has coat of arms on the back with a crown above and a symbol in gold that is an upside down y with a dot underneath it. The Royal Doulton has the lion on the crown and an A and the number 25 on the side. I can take a photo, if needed.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Let me know how many are in each set (service for 8 plus serving pieces, for example)