Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Does my 1929, signed, uncut copy of Eugene O'Neill's "The

Customer Question

Does my 1929, signed, uncut copy of Eugene O'Neill's "The Hairy Ape" have any value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Not much. Just that the dust cover seems in pretty good shape, but the "box" it fits into has some issues.
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No. I just wonder about a signed, uncut copy which appears to be a presentation copy with nine illustrations by Alexander King and is one of 775 copies.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 18 days ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
.
I will be glad to help you today.
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading it. This is important to me getting credit for my work.
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
The Book has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.000 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at.

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it.
.
Clicking the stars at the top right of your page, then click the green rate button.
.
Thank you for taking time to rate this.
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I'm a bit unsure about the condition of the book. The "box" --- or whatever you call the container, is broken (has come apart on two sides) but all there. How does one list that, and how much does it detract from the price?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 18 days ago.

Can you send me a picture to show me what you mean?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Does this come through so you can see what I am talking about? Just the bottom of the box...
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 18 days ago.

Hello Ann

Can you send me a picture now of the book it's self?

Glenda