Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a large library of Pennsylvania Archives collection

Customer Question

I have a large library of Pennsylvania Archives collection that I need appraised. I have donated to Armstrong County Historical Society and I need a written appraisal for taxes.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: There are 323 volumes in various sets but all the same same size and type. Some of the series are 8 volumes, some are 30 volumes. We have professionally rebound 323 books and there are another 243 with the original bindings or no bindings. Total of 566 in all. I have noted the going price at around $75 for the rebound ones and $50 for the original bindings. Can you appraise this?
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The rebound books are in great condition. These are very rare and seldom available to the public.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello

You will need an appraiser to come to your home to inspect and appraise all that you have. If you like I can help you get a list of them for you. You can then call them to see which best fits your needs.

Glenda

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I thought I was hiring someone to appraise them. Just issue refund and end my subscription. Thanks

Hello

The IRS requires this be looked at in person by a certified appraiser to determine value.

Hello

Just to let you know the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site we do not work for them.

We come to the site to answer questions that customers post to the site. We have nothing to do with the customers accounts or business dealings with Just Answer.

We are not privy to any information regarding the customers account.

We are just a user of the site like the customer is.

We have been verified to come to the site to answer questions, that is all we do.

If you have a problem with the account or wish to cancel, you will need to contact customer service at the Just Answer site you can do so by clicking " Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. Or call them at 1(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you