Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I'm looking for an evaluation of a Ted autograph from about

Customer Question

I'm looking for an evaluation of a Ted Williams autograph from about 1950
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: it's a 8x10 black and white photo autographed fromTed Williams to Little Denny who is now 70yo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: its in mint shape justshowed up in his mothers estate also included was a photo of little denny on the same day
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-ups.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I may need to ask further details about your item or request photos before I can give an informed final answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,
Doris

My research indicates that a certified, autographed 8 x 10 b & w photograph of Ted Williams would have an estimated retail of $350-450 assuming good condition, depending on sale location.

Note the qualification "certified." Collectors look for certification and will pay maximum value for it.

This is a service that can certify the signature on your photograph.

Signature Authentication:

It looks to be real but authentication must be done in person; ie, with signature in hand.

It is impossible to authenticate from a photo.

This business will authenticate signatures for a fee.

http://www.paasautographs.com/

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 10% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.