rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I was just given a Hammond Glider Trim O Saw. Model #G140.

Customer Question

I was just given a Hammond Glider Trim O Saw. Model #G140. Serial #2783. I was wondering how much it is worth
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It was a Hammond machinery Builders from Kalamzoo, Michigan. I was told it was made in 1951. Don't know if it is true or not. Patent #2,576,340.
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: that is all I have on the machine
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 24 days ago.

Your Hammond Glider Trim-O-Saw model G 140 was made in the 1950's by Hammond Machinery of Kalamozoo, Michigan.

This saw has a current value of $500 to $600 based on recent sales of the same model. I have also enclosed the brochure that came with your saw.

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/415/832.pdf

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 21 days ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.