Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an oil painting framed by Ludwig Katzenstein Inc. Is

Customer Question

Hi I have an oil painting framed by Ludwig Katzenstein Inc. Is there any way to ascertain value and name of artist through the framing company?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is a dusk winter scene, wooded with a red cabin...snow on roof and ground. Lighting similar to a Hudson River School artist. Signature might be Couly 12. Hard to say for sure.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: It was purchased in a small town in Vermont? Framing was done at their w. Pratt street address. There is a number on label SA 7-0748
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 28 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Will need my daughter to do this...will have to respond later.
Expert:  rarewares replied 28 days ago.

Sure, I will get an email when you respond.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
here are the pictures
Expert:  rarewares replied 28 days ago.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
thanks
Expert:  Nora replied 26 days ago.

The attached images are only opening to a slightly larger than thumbnail size, if you could please send larger images that will be very helpful in assessing what you have.

~Nora

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Sorry.....was away all day yest and today and need my daughter to take better picture for you. Will do so by tomrw. Thnx
Expert:  Nora replied 25 days ago.

You can send images at your convenience, there is not a time limit here.

~Nora