rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a very old Bible that doesn't have any dates in it I

I have a very old Bible that doesn't have any dates in it I can find. I am wondering how to find its worth.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It has beautiful pictures that have a thin sheet of paper protecting the pictures. It is a Presbyterian Bible, very large and heavy. It has a very ornate cover and has 2 or 3 brass locks on it.
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I'm not sure; I've not done this before.

Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the book, title page (publisher), any other first few pages that might shed light on date, and any condition issues.

(Note: I do not participate in the phone service)

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I sent pictures from my phone. Did you get them?

No, I will not get photos if you emailed them to the general site. I also do not participate in the phone service.

You can follow the instructions below to transfer pictures from your phone to your computer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-transfer-photo-my-phone-my-computer-hl

OR

you can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way (might be overnight).

Let me know if you choose to email so that I can have you contact customer service if they do not arrive in a timely manner.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I sent them via my phone to***@******.***. Priscilla

Thank you. I will follow up as soon as I get them.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Online is okay. Just waiting to hear from you.

I will as soon as I get them, it will likely be overnight.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
online conversation is just fine.

I still do not have photos of the Bible. Please contact customer service and ask them to forward toCustomer Thanks!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I was charged for your answer but did not receive it and this is the last communication I have had with you. Please respond with your answer. Files were sent and received by your office. They said that they would send them to you. I sent all of the first pages in the Bible.

I finally got the photos sent to my email this morning, thank you for your patience. There was some issue converting the word document into readable jpeg files on their end.

This is a Scott Henry Family Bible edited by Rev John Eadie circa 1888. Published by John Harrop, Manchester. Leather. Book Condition: Good. Illustrated with indented and raised decorated leather bound covers with reinforced metal gilded corners and clasps.

This Bible has a current value of $60 to $75 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Biblio.com, Abebooks.com, Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

Thanks so much.
If you would like to use me on any future questions (you just start a new question for each item) put "ForCustomerOnly" as the first three words of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.
I specialize in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, jewelry and just about everything else.
You never know what you might have!