Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a large number of postcards, they date from the early

Customer Question

I have a large number of postcards, they date from the early 1900's through the. Mid 1900's. A large variety. Does the volume alter the value. Should I present in small lots?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: What kind of cost would I expect to incurr?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the antiques appraiser. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: How do I proceed?
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I have lots of antique documents, not just post cards.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

The volume of postcards is one factor, however postcard values on some can be individual based on age, condition, subject matter and publisher. Halloween postcards are highly sought after and collectible, selling for $40 on average and on up to $400. Real photo postcards depicting rodeo cowboys, California and Alaskan goldminers, Shakers and Native American Indians can garner up to $100 each. Christmas and Easter postcards are generally $1 - $5 each. Mid century tourist postcards less than $1 each.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, started too late, I will return tomorrow . Thank you
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

That is fine. There is not a time limit here.

In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

~Nora