Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a biscuit barrel with iris on it, from Erphila Art

Customer Question

I have a biscuit barrel with iris on it, from Erphila Art Pottery Czechs Slavskia, had it for 35 plus years. When we got it it was supposedly 50 plus years old, any idea if it has any value other than sentimental?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the antiques appraiser should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 20 days ago.

Please send images of the biscuit barrel and the mark on the underside at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Please see attached pictures, barrel is in excellent condition
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Barrel is in excellent condition
Expert:  Nora replied 20 days ago.

Thank you for the images. Your biscuit barrel dates to approximately 1930. The decoration of iris flowers was applied with airbrushed stencil. On today's market this can sell for as high as $50. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $80.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora