rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Is there a way I cam send you a picture of some silver

Customer Question

is there a way I cam send you a picture of some silver hallmarks
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have 2 cigar holder flask combos - stamped in the metal - is a circle with a triangle inside and inside that is a B over PC ,there is a shield with a block W , there is a C , and a stamp that appears to be a seahorse riding a horse
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: the metal looks like silver or silver plate
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 24 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
here are 3 pics it also says Sheffield England on them
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I do not receive text messages please answer via email
Expert:  rarewares replied 24 days ago.

The photos of the holders are normal size, but the one of the marks is a thumbnail size and I am not able to see it clearly.

Can you get a better photo of that mark?

Expert:  rarewares replied 24 days ago.

I got it, nevermind. This is pewter and not silver. The first mark is BPC the mark of British Pewter Craftsmen, founded in 1970 and the seagorse mark is that of the Worshipful Company of Pewterers, founded in 1980, the middle mark of a W in a shield is the maker of A.R Wentworth

Pewter of Sheffield, England, a company that started in 1949. This double cigar holder/flask was made in 1980 to 1990 and has a value of

$25 to $35.00 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

Expert:  rarewares replied 20 days ago.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.