Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I HAVE A PORCELAIN PLATTER THAT WAS FOR MY GRANDMOTHER. I

Customer Question

I HAVE A PORCELAIN PLATTER THAT WAS FOR MY GRANDMOTHER. I CAN NOT FIND THE MARK ANYWHERE. IT HAS A TRADE MARK IMAGE OF WHAT LOOKS LIKE MAYBE A DRAGON FLY AND THE WORD "ASIA" AND THE INITALS F & R B CAN YOU IDENTIFY THAT FOR ME MAYBE WHAT YEAR
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: i AM JUST CURIOUS
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I CAN SEND AN IMAGE OF THE PLATTER AND THE MARK IF YOU'D LIKE
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the platter and most importantly, a clear, in-focus photo of the mark on back.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
here is a picture of the platter and the marking on the back of it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I paid $5.00 to get and answer and that is all I can pay. Please send answer to my email I have provided and do not charge my card for any other fees. thank you. I live on social security and could not really afford the $5.00 Thank You

Thank you for the photos.

This is a Victorian aesthetic period black transferware platter made between 1880 to 1888

by Ford and Riley of Burslem, Staffordshire, England in the Asia pattern. This platter has a current value of

$125 to $150.00 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!