Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I'm wondering about a painting I own. I believe it blonges

Customer Question

I'm wondering about a painting I own. I believe it blonges to my grandmother and possibly her mother, but I'm not sure at all. If it did belong to my great grandmother it could have come over with her from Ireland. I cannot see any artist name and have no idea if it's actually a painting or print
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: can i send you a picture of it?
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: the back it covered in a brown paper, which has some tears in it, not sure if that is and indication of age at all. the frame appears to be wood and original, but again, i know nothing about this subject.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 26 days ago.

Please send images and the approximate dimensions at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
frame to frame:
32 1/4 W
26 1/4 H
Expert:  Nora replied 26 days ago.

Thank you for the images and for your patience.

You have a mid 20th century vintage framed color printed reproduction of a painting with texturized surface made to appear like an original painting. It was common throughout the 20th century for publishers to print images of paintings and sell them as decorative wall art through decorator, furniture and framing shops.

On today's market, this could sell for a high of $40 - $60. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $100.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

~Nora