Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have what seems to be furniture form Gimbel Brothers,

Customer Question

I have what seems to be furniture form Gimbel Brothers, living room, and dining room, it seems that they sold Simmons furniture from about 1800's to the mid 20th century my furniture seems to fit the mid to late 1800's how do I authenticate it?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Well it's very ornately carved scrolls around the back of the his and her arm chairs, with inlaid carvings on the arms, the dining room buffet, and the china cabinet and dining room table are all made from hardwood I am not sure what kind, the i can do is send pictures.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 22 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl