Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Looking to get a estimate for British Bronze Basket hilted

Customer Question

Looking to get a estimate for British Bronze Basket hilted sword has Tower proof mark and the mark has Star of David around. Think 1880's time the above blade. Hitl basket work is brass with Queen Victoria's Crown and wording "Victoria Regina" worked into the Brass Basket hi;t. The Blade also carries a tower proof mark and a Star of David. Blade has etchings on it that are somewhat fade and blade appears to actually been used at some point. Blade has a couple of nicks in it.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Was told it was made during Benjerman Desrille term as PM
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** you for coming to Just Answer.
.
I will be glad to help you today.
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading it. This is important to me getting credit for my work.
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
The British Bronze Basket Hilted sword has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it.
.
Clicking the stars at the top right of your page, then click the green rate button.
.
Thank you for taking time to rate this.
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.