Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have a set of 8 Orleans 1964 deep silver plate in chest

Customer Question

We have a set of 8 Orleans 1964 deep silver plate in chest with knives,forks,soupspoons,teaspoons and 2 serving spoons and a few things I can't remember! what would the value be?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I will take a look and reconnect in a few minutes.
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Good condition...purchased for my mother in law back in the day...seldom used ie twice a year; cleaned twice a year...
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 24 days ago.

Approximately how many flatware pieces are in this set and at your convenience, please send an image of one piece along with a close-up of the mark on the piece as well.

Thank you,

Nora

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
how do I send the photo?
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I can follow typed instructions, thanks...
Expert:  Nora replied 24 days ago.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Thanks so much. I will keep this page open while I do this??
Expert:  Nora replied 24 days ago.

You should be able to keep the page open if you like. ~Nora

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Well...I need to get a USB cable as neither of our computers have an SD slot!! I have a 12 piece set including 12 knives,forks,soup spoons; 4 serving spoons;1 butter knife; 1 sugar spoon; 12 basting;12 dessert and oddly, only 8 teaspoons. I will re-connect soon...I will go out to get the USB and reconnect. Is there a way to get back to you ?
Expert:  Nora replied 24 days ago.

Could you please confirm the approximate total number of pieces, from your description it is 74 total pieces, yes? You can send over images at anytime by logging back in to the site.

~Nora

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
72 pieces. The chest has a crack in the lid. The USB cable I need is a special order...sigh.
Expert:  Nora replied 24 days ago.

I see; sorry to read that the USB connection is not a readily available piece. Could you transcribe to me what the back of a piece of flatware says on it and I can help with an estimate for you.

~Nora

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have finally solved the photo problem and will be able to send real pics!! It will take me a few days as I am so busy...thanks for the interest!
Expert:  Nora replied 12 days ago.

Great! You can send them over any time and have a nice holiday :) ~Nora