Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I am interested to find out how much my China is worth, or

Customer Question

I am interested to find out how much my China is worth, or if it is even considered antique. It was made anywhere from 1960-1979. It's noritake whitehall china.
JA: It's only $5 . Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the antiques appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the antiques appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It's Noritake 6115 Whitehall China. I have dinner plates, salad plates, appetizer plates, tea cups and tea cup plates, fruit bowls, etc...
JA: Is there anything else the antiques appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It's all in great condition. Some of it comes in the original packaging.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 7 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.

Please let me know how many pieces comprise your set. Most people

have a service for 8, 10 or 12 plus a few serving pieces.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a gravy bowl no handles, a bowl that looks like it can pour gravy out, 2 sugar bowls and lids to go with, 6 dinner plates, 17 salad plates, 17 bread plates, 19 tea cup saucers, 12 tea cups, 6 small bowls, and 6 other type of plate/bowl (looks to be maybe a dessert style plate.

So that would be a service for 6 plus a few extras.

The Noritake Whitehall pattern was first created in 1960 and was discontinued in 1979, but

still has an elegant design that remains classic and contemporary.

The set as a whole has a value of $800 to $1000. Since it is an odd number of each shape, I would sell

a service for six separate at $600.00 and then sell the other pieces as single lots (cup and saucer as one lot, gravy boat as one lot, sauce boat as one lot, etc) for $10 to $35 each.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, OfferUp.com, Ebay and letgo.com.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

To finish, I will need you to click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the green submit button, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.